Armageddon Auckland today! Last picture is me in half-assed cosplay as Tai Hubbert from Questionable Content. That’s a little librarian badge I have on that I actually wear as one! It was pretty fun, and my siblings had a wonderful time and are already talking about cosplaying properly next year.
I bought a little tub of Manic Panic Vampire Red in prep for cosplaying as Tai Hubbert from Questionable Content at Armageddon later this month. (I know, I know, it’s a pretty damn easy cosplay. Might do something more elaborate next time.) Here’s a tiny bit tested, without any bleach or anything, on my sister’s hair.
It worked… about as well as I’d expect it to, honestly, on black Asian hair. Dye can’t really strip existing pigment after all.
So, advice: should I get a blonde highlight kit and put that through my hair before dying it, or will the slight-redness on a full head of hair be apparent enough?
partner and I conversing over the latest QC
- ( link: http://questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=2201 )
- me: If Momo was a lesbian AI she could've gone and picketed Westboro.
- partner: For extra points we'd need an AI presenting as an ethnicity they don't like.
- me: black muslim lesbian trans woman AI
- partner: ...
- me: also an abortion clinic doctor
- me: and a single mom
- me: and who listens to heavy metal
- partner: and plays D&D?
- me: and reads Harry Potter
- me: also is totally into pentagrams just for fun
- partner: yeah, got tatts of them
- me: and piercings!
- me: and an amateur camfeed by night.
- partner: and a socialist!
- partner: ...that would make their heads blow up
- me: we don't want that, it's bad enough that their heads exist contained inside their skulls without it being spattered all over everything else
- me: and she uses birth control
- me: oh wait
- me: AI
- partner: ...also trans women AIs kind of don't need birth control twice over
- me: whoops.
- me: looks like most of the stuff the fundies hate is human-only I guess